The LEAP Program
migraine food sensitivity intensive | $649
Want clarity on your migraine food triggers?
The Lifestyle Eating And Performance (LEAP) Program features a patented blood test and evidence-based eating plan to manage chronic illnesses such as migraine and chronic headache disorders.
Test, don’t guess! Learn your unique food sensitivities, identify the root cause of your symptoms, and reduce diet-induced inflammation.
Food Sensitivity & Migraine
What is it:
- Immune responses to foods through two different pathways: antibodies or white blood cells
- Both pathways release inflammatory mediators, causing symptoms
- Response may be delayed and dose-dependent
Who has it:
- There’s no official diagnosis, so we don’t know how many have it
- Common in people with chronic conditions
- Any food can be a food sensitivity, even foods considered “healthy” or “anti-inflammatory”
- Headaches or migraine attacks
- Brain fog
- Abdominal pain and bloating
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Acne, eczema, or dermatitis
- Joint pain
- There are several blood tests for food sensitivities, but the Mediator Release Test (MRT) is the most accurate, as will be explained below
- Elimination diets can be used for determining sensitivities, but can be time consuming
- Avoid offenders or consume small amounts
Mediator Release Test
The best food sensitivity test is the Mediator Release Test (MRT), a blood test that analyzes your response to 170 foods and chemicals.
While other food sensitivity tests typically only measure IgG released when exposed to food, which can be unreliable because high IgG may be a good thing in some cases, whereas MRT is an end-point test.
MRT doesn’t determine what type of reaction you have to sensitive foods, as there are several different pathways that lead to icky symptoms for you. It measures simply whether a reaction occurred through mediator release. When mediators are released, there is a change in the liquid/solid volume ratio in your blood sample. This change determines how reactive you are to the food or chemical.
MRT is the most accurate food sensitivity blood test (94.5% sensitivity and 91.8% specificity).
Read more about the MRT and LEAP program at the LEAP website.
The LEAP Program includes a patented blood test, the Mediator Release Test (MRT).
You also receive guidance from Kacie, a Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT) specializing in migraine. Kacie will interpret your test results and have two sessions walking you through the results.
The retail value of the MRT is $695, but purchasing the LEAP Program through Kacie (including the coaching!) is $649.
After your MRT results are in, we meet virtually for a 1-hour appointment where Kacie, your Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT), interprets your unique results.
Once about 2 weeks into your LEAP program, we meet virtually once again to keep you on track.
Clients have access to me through a secure messaging portal and via email, so you’re never left in the dark.